Folks, I need your help. I don’t have the free time I used to for this website which is a hobby. The very limited amount of advertising I bring in doesn’t cover my gas in traveling around the region, much less my equipment, etc, etc. No need to belabor the point.
The first step in every season is assembling a combined scheduled of games for the region. There are 24 teams spread across 3 Classes, stretching from Joplin to Rolla and Camdenton to West Plains.
Please download this spreadsheet and add your schedule to it. Then email it to me at Ole at SGFsoccer dot com.
Once completed, it can also become a useful means for all of your parents and players to add to their calendars, whether in Outlook, Mac or most others. I use Google and will import your contribution to my Master Schedule. I’ll be happy to help you sort out how to make that happen for your Booster Club when you send it to me.
1. Subject – enter the team names, using the home team first. In the example, West Plains vs Crocker indicates the game is being played at Crocker. The second line shows a West Plains game at Camdenton by listing it as Camdenton vs West Plains.
2. Start date – enter a date using the mm/dd/yy model. Same for End Date
3. Start time – this is a bit different but use the 24 hour model. So 1pm = 13:00, 8 pm = 20:00
4. End time – see above
5. All Day – you’ll use this for tournament games where individual schedules are not available yet. Start and End time will be blank and you’ll add yes to this field. Otherwise this field is empty. Like in the example, if it’s a two day event, include both days. Don’t worry about how many games there are, we’ll all do that individually once the schedules come out.
6. Description – if you have a special event (Senior Night) you want to flag. Or if it’s Varsity only.
7. Location – this is a back up to Subject, ensures that we all know where we are going. In the example, the Zizzer’s added the street address. The advantage here is that in Google, it allows a visitor to click on the map button and find the address easily.
Thank you to Coach Schmitt at West Plains who has completed the spreadsheet and sent it in. I’m looking forward to catching the Zizzer’s at the Parkview Tournament in September.
I also need rosters so that I can begin identifying players, so jersey number, name and class are the minimum. That will also allow me to begin identifying seniors for the 2011 All-Star game. Again, a spreadsheet is needed, not a document or PDF.
Thank you for your help. I look forward to seeing your son and your team compete this year!
Thanks to the following Schools who have contributed their schedules: Branson Pirates! Camdenton Lakers! Carthage Tigers! Crocker Lions! Logan-Rogersville Wildcats! Nixa Eagles! Waynesville Tigers! Webb City Cardinals! West Plains Zizzers!